LSAT Prep. Course Philly, August 11 & 12, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
LSAT Two Day In-Person Course: Center City Philadelphia
In Jenkins Law Library's State of the Art Conference Room
1801 Market St., Suite 900
Ten Penn Center
Philadelphia, PA 19103-6405
This course will help you to succeed on the LSAT!
Logical Reasoning Questions
· Logical reasoning questions present test takers with a short passage of about one paragraph.
· Logical reasoning questions require test takers to consider the reasoning within the paragraph and choose the best answer from multiple possible answers.
· Test takers must critically examine, evaluate, analyze, or complete the argument made in the paragraph.
Analytical Reasoning Questions
· Analytical reasoning questions present a short passage to test takers that delineates a factual scenario.
· A rule or list of conditions is set forth beneath the passage. These rules or conditions must be adhered to by test takers as they work within the scenario to answer questions.
· Several questions relate to each passage and rule list (or list of conditions). The questions ask test-takers to determine ordering, grouping, and other various relationships that could exist within the scenario.
· In order to achieve a correct answer, the rule list and any new question-specific rules or instructions must be adhered to.
· The questions ask test-takers to perform deceptively simple tasks, such as arranging package deliveries in order, scheduling appointments in time slots, distributing spots for admission, and organizing seating arrangements around tables. However, the detailed rule list and question-specific requirements make these questions especially challenging.
Reading Comprehension Questions
· Reading comprehension questions present to test takers three lengthy reading passages and one set of comparative reading passages (these are two shorter passages that you consider together).
· Reading comprehension questions ask five to eight detailed questions about each passage (or set of comparative passages). The questions require you to demonstrate a detailed understanding of what you have read; test takers succeed when they can thoroughly comprehend the reading.
· Passage topics are varied; they most often include humanities, science, legal, and social science texts. However, other types of passages will sometimes be included by the test writers.
· The three lengthy passages generally reflect sophisticated writing and vocabulary and can contain unusual complexities in argument structure and viewpoint.
· The two shorter comparative reading passages require test takers to consider the relationship of one passage to the other; test-takers answer questions regarding points made in one and then juxtapose these to counterpoints made in the other. Test takers will also consider individual applications of principles and the principles themselves, as well as generalities and specific instances in relation to passage arguments and descriptions.
The Writing Sample
· The writing sample is the essay portion of the LSAT. While the writing sample is mandatory, it is not graded and is therefore not a part of your LSAT score. Law schools independently evaluate each applicant’s LSAT writing sample after receiving the potential law student’s application.
Your course textbook is:
Research Prep. LSAT: The Law School Admission Test Prep. Book, by McKay Research.
Purchase your textbook on Amazon.com or Barnes and Noble.com and bring it to class.
This class is taught by Kat McKay, J.D. the author of your course textbook.
This class will discuss how to tackle the test as a whole, how to succeed on each type of question, and will incorporate many prior LSAT test questions. (These questions appeared previously on the actual LSAT on test day!).
While we do not have refunds, if you sign up for an in-person course, and cannot attend for any reason, you can exchange your in-person course spot for the online course. It is the same course content, taken via the internet. Just let us know the day before you miss your class. Those who miss a four or five-day institute will also have graded essay exams and discussion of the essays included with the exchange for the online course.